However, sometimes repairs are not enough for your system to function sufficiently and provide comfort to your family. Therefore, we recommend that you replace your unit with a newer and more energy-efficient model, which can save you money in the long run.
The following are 5 signs that you need to upgrade your HVAC system:
- Your HVAC system is old or outdated – If you properly maintain your system, it may last a little more than 10 years. On the other hand, a decade without maintenance means you should consider replacing it. Additionally, newer systems use R-410A refrigerant (or Puron), while old units utilized R-22 (or Freon). Puron absorbs and releases heat more efficiently than R-22, which keeps your unit running cooler.
- Loud noises – If your air conditioning or heating unit is making a lot of noise, despite performing routine maintenance annually, then you may need to replace it. Having a new and quiet HVAC system can bring plenty of peace of mind.
- Rising energy bills – If you notice that your energy bills are increasing every month, this means your HVAC system is not running efficiently because it needs to use more electricity and more gas to maintain your desired temperatures. Having a newer and more energy-efficient air conditioner and furnace can save money and the environment.
- More frequent repairs – Continuously repairing your system can be significantly expensive, which is why it may be best to upgrade your unit.
- Different temperatures throughout your home – If you notice that some areas in your home have hot or cold spots, this means that your HVAC system is not properly regulating cool or warm air throughout the house. Furthermore, when you must wait a long time for your home to reach the desired temperatures, then it’s time for an upgrade.
Since 1989, our team has been Protech-ting homes in Loveland, Fort Collins, Estes Park, Berthoud, Longmont, and the surrounding areas. Let Protech Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning help you choose which air conditioning or heating system is right for your home and family, then carefully install your new system for optimal performance.
If you are interested in upgrading your HVAC system, call (970) 707-5226 or fill out our online contact form today to schedule an appointment!